LAMS Demo Terms and Conditions
01 January 2018
LAMS Demo is an education application base on the LAMS open source platform providing services to users under the following Terms and Conditions. Your account registration request, and any use of LAMS Demo, constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- All content published on the LAMS Demo is at the LAMS Demo's sole discretion.
- If you submit content (in any format) to the LAMS Demo, you acknowledge that you have all necessary rights (such as copyright) in the content that you are submitting.
- Contributions to LAMS Demo may be edited, removed or not published if LAMS Demo considers them to be: defamatory, discriminatory, intentionally misleading or false, offensive, obscene, a breach of privacy, a breach of copyright, seeking to endorse external commercial products/services or solicit business, posted on behalf of a removed user, or otherwise detrimental to experience of the community of users. Please note that LAMS Demo does not monitor or control the content of the website if you believe a contribution is in breach of the above requirements, please email details to email@example.com Except where explicitly noted, the views expressed on the website are not those of LAMS Demo. LAMS Demo is not responsible for any content uploaded, downloaded or disseminated via the website.
- If you wish to refer to content from an external website, LAMS Demo recommends using a link (URL) together with attribution of the website. You should not upload/incorporate content from 3rd party websites into LAMS Demo (such as into the Shared Files area of uploaded sequences) unless you have all necessary rights to do so. LAMS Demo is not responsible for, nor does it endorse, any content linked to on 3rd party websites.
- You will not receive any monetary compensation for your contributions to LAMS Demo your only compensation is exposure of your contributions within the site. You may not require monetary compensation for your contributions from any other user of the site without first obtaining the prior written permission of LAMS Demo.
- Any contributions from children should be supervised by a responsible adult.
- LAMS Demo is provided as is without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will LAMS Demo be liable for damages, including any general, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use, or inability to use, LAMS Demo (including, but not limited to, loss of data, inaccurate or misleading information, or losses arising from a failure of LAMS Demo software) even when there has been advice of the possibility of such damages.
- LAMS Demo contains files which may be downloaded. By downloading any files, you accept that you take all responsibility for virus scanning and other checks as may be required to ensure that the downloaded files will not adversely affect your software or systems, and you acknowledge that LAMS Demo is not liable in any way for any adverse effects arising from files downloaded from LAMS Demo.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold LAMS Demo (including its affiliated companies and all employees, directors, agents and suppliers) harmless from all claims, actions or liabilities (including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees), resulting from, or alleged to result from, your use of LAMS Demo website, or any content offered by you through LAMS Demo website, in a manner that violates or is alleged to violate these Terms and Conditions. LAMS Demo shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit or proceeding and shall reasonably cooperate with you, at your expense, in your defense of any such claim, suit or proceeding.
- LAMS and LAMS Demo are Trademarks of the LAMS Foundation Ltd. There is no restriction on the use of these terms for non-commercial purposes. Commercial use of these Trademarks requires prior permission contact firstname.lastname@example.org Any 3rd party trademarks found on the LAMS Demo belong to their respective owners.
- LAMS Demo reserves the right to archive and republish all contributions to LAMS Demo, now and in the future (NB: Closed course content will not be republished outside the relevant course). LAMS Demo has the right to use all content contributed to the website for the purpose of managing and maintaining the website.
- Breaches of these Terms and Conditions of use may lead LAMS Demo to lock and/or remove a users account.
- LAMS Demo reserves the right to reject registrations or remove users where it suspects the registration is on behalf of a user who has been previously removed for repeated violations of these conditions of use.
- LAMS Demo reserves the right to remove users with inappropriate login names (eg, names that are offensive, abusive, etc).
- LAMS Demo reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is the responsibility of users to regularly review the Terms and Conditions for any changes. These Terms and Conditions apply automatically to any new LAMS Demo Features or Services.
- Concerns or complaints about LAMS Demo should be emailed to email@example.com
- LAMS Demo is subject to the laws of Singapore. Users are legally responsible for any content they submit to LAMS Demo. By accessing LAMS Demo, you agree that any dispute regarding the content of the website will be determined according to the laws of Singapore. LAMS Demo makes no representation that the content of this website complies with the laws of any country or jurisdiction outside Singapore. When accessing this website, you accept responsibility for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
- If any provision of this Conditions of Use is held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be in any way affected or impaired as a result.
LAMS Demo is a joint venture of the LAMS Foundation and LAMS Education Asia Pte Ltd. The LAMS Foundation provides management and governance of the website, while LAMS Education Asia Pte Ltd provides hosting and technical support. Contact details are as follows:
LAMS Education Asia Pte Ltd
1 Raffles Place #44-01A Tower 1
Ph: +65 8457-1410